While I did my audience engagement research, I have learned multiple ways to get an audience to be interested in a film. For example, I have learned that to attract an audience of my genre through posters and trailers that appear more dynamic and intense to bring in an audience. Sometimes, there are films of the same genre that have more mysterious themes for their trailers, posters, and other marketing methods. In addition, some films also try to market their film by going to film interviews, conventions, sell merchandise, make websites, or even videogames. I have also learned the creative capabilities of film marketing such as Inception's spinning top in their website which then topples over after a certain deadline passes and releases an online game called "Mind Crime". The website will then release the poster and a hidden trailer of the movie. This interactivity was one of the creative ways to market a film.
My marketing plan is going to mostly involve electronic methods. I plan to market my product with trailers, websites, videogames, and social media that invoke feelings of mystery and intensity in it to make the audience curious about the film or watch it for the adrenaline. I will also market my film by going to film interviews and conventions while also selling merchandise. This interactivity will help attract an audience more directly.
From my distribution research, I have learned that there are multiple methods to distribute a film product. One of the ways is through the standard release method, which systematically releases the film through different mediums in between after a release window. For example, a film first releases in a theater which is then later released on VHS and VOD after a few months and so on. Another release method is the simultaneous release method where a film releases its film through multiple mediums at the same time. This method provides for benefits for the consumer as they are able to easily access the film at the same release date in the comfort of their own homes.
For my product, I plan to do a simultaneous release method for my distribution plan. This is because it would be more convenient for the consumers to comfortably access the film through different types of media from either in the theater or in their own homes. This is because of the current development of technology today which has many people access film at home. Using the standard release method will have some of my audience waiting to watch the film at a later date and they might lose interest or get occupied with another film.
No comments:
Post a Comment